Sunday, August 31, 2008

Are You Laboring Today?


I’m tired.

Know the feeling? I’m sure you do. Anyone involved in serving God does. God’s work never seems to be finished. There’s always one more person to witness to, minister to, coordinate with, one more deadline to meet, or one more person needing our help.

Without proper balance, this work known as God’s work becomes a burden.

But, I know in my heart that isn’t what God intended for us as Christ followers.

I know that He has more in store for us than burnout, exhaustion, ulcers, and stress.

Paul said it well, “Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns” (Phil. 4:6 The Message).

I hope you will join me today in doing just that—giving again to God our concerns. And yes, even our tiredness.

May you have a restful “Labor” Day weekend and worship time!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Steve. And I hope you have the same. As of this writing we have nothing planned for Labor Day and I sorta like that. :) Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what Labor Day is all about. Resting from the labor one does. Enjoy a hamburger and sit back and watch the tennis games. selahV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually...I bought my wife and I a nice little steak...going to make some potato salad...and have some watermelon...can you get any more relaxed than that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.