Friday, August 8, 2008

All Toes in the Water! Literally!



Several weeks ago, I ran a couple of stories about feet washing ashore in Canada. The stories were rather strange, a foot here, a foot there. No hands. No head. The feet didn’t match each other or so the local authorities said. And, the last shoe that washed ashore was actually an animal’s foot stuck inside a running shoe. Who knew animals were now into jogging! Maybe they are into cycling. What do you think Bill?

Anyway, an athletic shoe containing a human foot was found on a Washington state beach, and authorities are investigating whether it may be linked to the human feet found in shoes along the coast of British Columbia.

Undersheriff Ron Peregrin said that the King County medical examiner determined the foot was human and detached from its body naturally after floating in the water.

Peregrin said the foot will be sent for a forensic investigation to see if it matches feet found washed ashore in British Columbia. Results are expected to take six to eight weeks.

Authorities said a woman told the Clallam County sheriff’s office on Saturday that she found the black, high-top shoe along the beach on the Strait of Juan de Fuca, about 30 miles west of Port Angeles.

You know, this story gets more weird every time I see another report. Feet washing ashore. Feet stuffed inside running shoes. Feet not matching.

You know, too bad CSI Las Vegas isn’t around. I have no doubt that Grissom would have this case solved in no time—but then again, he never really solved the miniature killer, did he? Okay, I realize that most of you won’t know that reference, but hey, I have no life. I actually like watching TV and even though it has no redeeming factors, I still enjoy it.

And, I still have both of my feet!

12 comments:

  1. Call in GRissom and his cohorts and this will be solved in one hour tops!

    And Steve? I don't watch America's Funniest Home Videos so can't say whether there has ever been a dog riding a bike. He would never reach the pedals on mine...trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Bill, it has been a while since you gave yourself a shameless plug on here, so I thought I'd do it for you!

    BTW...love the new look of your site! You dun good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a strange story. (I also blogged on it awhile back).

    One article I read said that there was a suspected plane crash "up the coast" that was never found, and they were wondering if perhaps these were the feet of those victims.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it is D.B. Cooper finally washing up! Well, that wouldn't work...unless he had more feet than normal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Parts is parts".

    (KFC or BK? KFC, I think. About 1985 or so? Help me out here, I'm dying."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick...right decade...wrong company.

    Click here to see the commerical:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzLVIc-O5E

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one scary dude to find that so fast....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve, you and Heidi got to "star" in my blog post today. (grin) If it's any consolation, yer post topics drive me crazy trying to figure why you posted about them. What in the heck do feet floating ashore in Canada have to do with anything?? I love it. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rick...I have no life. I live for my blog. I live to reply to your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jimmy...do you really think you have a corner on being weird?

    Nope!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steve, I hate to say it..oh who am I kidding, but yer wrong. I DO have a corner on weird. I call it "aliens among us". (grin)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.