Monday, September 1, 2008

Just One More Meeting!


I’ve just about had my fill of meetings lately!

It seems every time I turn around, someone has reached out and touched my Outlook calendar and scheduled another meeting! A “brief” meeting here—only 30 minutes of my time required. A longer meeting on Wednesday—this time an hour needed. And don’t forget about the all-day meeting tomorrow.

Yikes! I feel just a bit overwhelmed! (Can you tell?) When am I to get all of my work done? When will I have time to write, edit, talk with writers, and do the other things my job involves?

When will I work on my next blog post?

I hear you, and the voice of my supervisor, “Get over it already!” Meetings are a way of life in our work!

Actually, I learn a lot in the meetings I attend. I hear new ideas, different opinions, and new ways to do things. I discover better ways to do things, and I find out what peers think about the work in progress.

So, meetings are good, for the most part. I’m glad I get to be a part of them, most of them anyway. Just don’t interpret my words as an invitation to call another meeting!

I hope you have a blessed day, free of meetings on this Labor Day, as you continue to serve the King of kings and Lord of lords.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, Steve! Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day.... No meetings here. Just chilling out.. but not being cold.

    I think a good bit of the whole "meeting" thing has to do with whom one is meeting with and the subject. Hearts/attitudes???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camey...Happy Labor Day to you as well! Hope you find a blessed rest for the day.

    I agree about the attitude thing...sometimes, it is impossible to choose who you will meet with...but, you can always guard your heart and seek God's strength in those challenging times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad you had time to stop at my site and meet with me. I think you are special! And this proves it, others think you're special,too. Otherwise they wouldn't be wanting you at their meetings. selahV

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man selahv! Don't go all gushy on Steve. He may think you are serious and then what he accuses me of he will have (a big head). Hope you had a blessed day in spite of what your weeks looks my blogging friend. I had a nice relaxing day with my bride. Stayed in bed a little later (instead of going for a ride) then headed to do some shopping and lunch at Chipotle. Up and at 'em tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mrs. V...

    You are most kind...but, I do disagree about one part...not all people want me there! I just keep butting in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me? A big head? Surely not...

    Glad you slept in...didn't know you had it in you! I know your bride was thankful for that...and for a nice lunch! I hope you paid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill, now, now. I will say nice things about you when the shoe fits. Uh, what size do you where? selahV

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve, you're soooo humble. wish I was as good as you. :) selahV

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.