Sunday, August 3, 2008

Look! Up in the Sky!



The news just gets stranger and stranger every day! It really does. And, because of that, I don’t have to make this stuff up!

It seems that there has been a plan developed to float a giant helium-filled banana blimp over Texas. However, it also seems that the plan has gone bust due to a lack of money.

Cesar Saez, a Montreal-based artist now says that “The banana plan is suspended. The whole attempt was to develop the idea of artworks in space.”

The project has passed his deadline and he doesn’t have all of the money needed for the project. Apparently, he raised $400,000 of the $1.5 million he needed.

The plan was to float a huge, inflated banana over Texas. The banana would then drift eastward at about a 20-mile altitude, to be visible over Texas, until it eventually disintegrated.

I love this closing line from Mr. Saez, “I want to bring some humor to the Texas sky.”

A spokeswoman for Gov. Rick Perry offered a tongue-in-cheek reaction: “From an artistic perspective, we’re sad to see the banana split, but it looks like this idea turned out to be a bunch of hot air,” Allison Castle said.

But, all of you Texas fans, all is not lost! Just wait. Football season is just around the corner! There will be a lot of nearly banana shaped objects flying through the air all across Texas. Those will come from Baylor University, Southern Methodist University, Texas Christian University; and even from the pro football team in Houston.

The errantly thrown balls from those teams have an even greater probability of bringing humor to Texas (or is that shame?) as does a banana shaped balloon! Plus, it’ll cost far less than $1.5 million dollars! Depending on much alumni secretly pass to the players under the NCAA table!

6 comments:

  1. Wonder what he is going to do with the 400k he has already collected. He can send it my way and I will put it to real good use. we can use some land and a building. That would more than pay for 1/2 of it. Or I could pay off all my debts and still have a bunch to give away to charity. What a giant waste of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I guess it gives validity to the old saying, "some people have more money than sense!"

    I sometimes wonder why God didn't entrust me with such money...then again, I guess He knows me far better than I know myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO VOLS!!!!

    Wasn't this a football discussion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karma...Karma...Karms...you keep this up and no one will listen to anything you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karma,

    My oldest daughter would go along with you. She lives in Knoxville. She is also loyal to the Buckeyes. She would def not agree with the host of the site. But can you blame her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wreck em Tech!

    Yes, it's a football discussion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.