Saturday, August 30, 2008

We Are Always on Time, Well, Usually


We all remember the little children’s book about the train that could, right? You do remember the story: “I think I can! I think I can!”

Anyway, last Sunday night, Amtrak had a train that, if it could talk, would be saying, “I think I can’t. I think I can’t!

It seems that a quick train trip down the coast turned into a long haul for more than 80 Amtrak passengers when their train from Los Angeles to San Diego ran out of fuel Saturday night.

Amtrak spokesman Cliff Cole said the train sat for about two hours on the northern edge of San Diego before another engine came along to push it the last several miles to the San Diego train station. The train, which had left Los Angeles at 8:30 PM Saturday night, didn’t arrive in San Diego until 1:15 AM Sunday morning—more than two hours late.

An Amtrak official said that a train running out of fuel is “an unusual occurrence” and that they are looking into how it happened.

My guess on how it happened is this: SOMEBODY FORGOT TO PUT FUEL IN IT!

What would be your guess? How did the Amtrak train run out of fuel?

3 comments:

  1. Somebody who is about to lose his job messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hijacking your blog for a minute, Steve. I just checked OSU's football schedule. We don't play Oklahoma this year. Nope. Do we ever? I don't know. OSU is Big Ten. What is Oklahoma? So I think there was some confusion the other day when we were talking our competitive college football smack.

    Anyway, check out my blog for something truly awesome I got in my e-mail from YouTube.

    Oh and might I remind your readers who wanted to blabber their babble that for the past 2 years we MADE it to the big game -- undefeated until those final games. It's unfortunate we lost them, but excellent we got there.

    Alright -- hijacking over. Forgive me?

    Heidi Reed
    of
    www.candidchatter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,

    With diesel at $4.75 a gallon, and the trains being "unobserved" for certain lengths of time, I'll be the fuel went into some "exterior" fuel tanks!

    Heidi,

    Oklahoma is Big 12. We used to be Big 8, but I guess the Big 8 needed 4 more.

    When OU lost the national championship the past few years or so, people would give me grief about it. I'd simply say, "well, at least we had the CHANCE to play for it; how did YOUR team fare?"

    Boomer Sooner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.