Friday, August 8, 2008

When I Say Hold the Pickles...


A St. Louis, Missouri, man is dead and a teenager is in custody after a shooting over a cheeseburger. Yes, you read that correctly, a teenager killed a man over a cheeseburger.

But wait, the story becomes even more sad as you read the details.

The victim is 26-year-old Carl Sharp. The name of the 16-year-old suspect has not been released. Sharp returned home around 12:30 a.m. Sunday after purchasing three cheeseburgers at a Rally’s restaurant, police said. The suspect apparently became angry because he had requested two burgers, not three, and an argument began.

Take a moment and let that last sentence sink in. An argument, fight, and gunfire started because the victim ordered three cheeseburgers, not two. And, because he was so angry, the teenager pulled out a gun and shot the victim, not once, not twice, but three times. Mr. Carl Sharp died at the scene.

After the shooting, the 16-year-old fled the scene on a bicycle and was taken into custody Sunday afternoon.

No getaway car. No speeding through the neighborhood to get away from the police. A murder suspect left the scene of his crime, the murder he committed, on a bicycle. I hope he at least was wearing his helmet, and used correct hand signals as he turned.

This story is so sad. So many lives are now ruined, all over ordering an incorrect number of cheeseburgers.

I guess it really doesn’t take much to set off some people, does it? I guess it could have been just about anything.

11 comments:

  1. That is a ridiculous tragedy, to say the least. How Stupid!

    However, I do have to say, that is one of the most appetizing pictures of any hamburger I have ever seen in my life. I'm going to steal it from you. From whom did you steal it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick...Rick...Rick..."stealing" is such a strong word to use...it really is!

    I goggled hamburger photo...and it came up! FREE! No stealing required...but, then again, I'm not above stealing if need be! Maybe one day I'll find something of worth on your site to "borrow..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog keeps me awake at night. Just thought you'd like to know.

    This will too. I woke up at the usu time (3 am) and couldn't go back to sleep until well after 4 (I stopped looking at the clock when I realized this had gone on for an hour -- I was ticked) because I kept thinking about some horrible things that happen in our society. Feet washing up on shores, now someone dying over an extra cheeseburger, rapist/murderers complaining that they can't possibly be executed because their veins are too hard to find.

    Stop interrupting my happy happy joy joy, Steve.

    Oh and yeah I'll clean your house for unlimited amounts of tomato juice and green olives. Deal!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Heidi...didn't mean to upset your happy, happy, joy, joy world!

    You'll be thrilled to know that tomorrow's blog will feature a funny video...Sunday will be about a sea lion (who doesn't love sea lions), and Monday will be about a childhood memory...shouldn't keep you awake at night...

    Drive north...can you be here to clean by tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve: i wanted to make a joke about the dangers of eating meat but just can't seem to bring myself to do that this time. Senseless stuff.

    Heidi: if you want to see a really cool pick-me-up video check out my blog for today. "Makes It All Worthwhile." will give you a reason to sleep well tonight. (Shameless plug Steve sorry) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill...I can't seem to give you enough plugs, can I? You just keep trying to drive my readers away from my site to yours...

    I'm hurt!

    If you want a project to work on, go visit Jimmy's site...he'll be glad to have you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bill. It warmed my heart to overflowing...

    tears
    of
    happiness

    Can't wait to see them there. You guys too.

    Can't
    Wait

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just don't know what to say about that. It seems like society is getting sicker all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree Celeste...

    Welcome to my blog...please visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steve, tonite I saw a grown man about 57 years old arguing with a teenager at a motocross race. He was swearing and daring and challenging this young boy to come back so he could kick his yada yada yada. The whole night was a fiasco and it sickened me to no end. I pray I don't wake up to read of another murder in the paper over something as silly as a bike race. It's crazy. selahV

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so quick to lose our temper and let our anger take control...

    Sad, really is...hopefully, they found a better way to work out their problem...

    Then again, I've seen one too many times when cooler heads didn't pervail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.