Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blowing in the Wind



A dozen bystanders rushed in to help a 70-year-old man after he stumbled leaving a Southern California bank, causing thousands of dollars to scatter in the wind.

Ludwig Geier says hundreds of bills were “gone in no time,” flying through the air and littering the First National Bank’s parking lot in Torrance last Monday.

Almost immediately, about a dozen bystanders rushed in to help. The machine shop owner says about 96% of the money was found.

Geier says he’s going to pray for those good Samaritans, adding, “If I could get them together, I’d buy them dinner and drinks.”

Just an observation or two from me. I imagine those good Samaritans appreciate the prayers, but don’t you think most of them would have appreciated a cash reward just a little more? Then, a little prayer?

Also, rather than buying everyone drinks, maybe he should offer to buy them a Coke. After all, could it have been the drinks that caused him to stumble in the first place?

I sure wish the news article had given Mr. Geier’s contact information. I was so hoping to take him up on the offer of a free dinner! Oh, I guess I would have had to been in California last Monday.

Let me check my calendar to see if I was!

2 comments:

  1. Do you think this is what Bob Dylan had in mind when he sang, "The answer my friend is blowing in the wind"? Weren't you and I visiting someone in California last week? Let me check...yep I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were visiting your Aunt Lora Mae. Right? It was a pastoral visit. And, she needed a little extra cash, so we ran by the bank to help!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.