Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ode to Mr. Bill

Bill the Cycleguy often graces us with his comments on this site. He's usually spot on accurate with what he has to say, other than his love of the Pittsburg Pirates and some small farming university in Ohio. I try to forgive him for those minor character flaws, unless he tries to rub it in my face.

Bill is a good guy. And, he's doing a great job of serving the Lord and his church. I really appreciate what he stands for and does.

Bill is regularly talking about his recent cycling ride that he's been on. For the longest time, I've tried to get him to show us a picture of him riding or to put a picture of him riding on his blog. To date, he's refused.

So...I had to resort to reposting one of his recent posts. Someone sent a video of Bill. Now, I'll warn you, put your coffee down, don't have any food in your mouth as you watch. Okay, you've been warned. Please click here to see Bill at his greatest. Then, come back and tell me what you think.

12 comments:

  1. Okay FRIEND! You are toast! In the words of the immortal philosopher Arnold..."I'll be back." Or in the words of BTO: "You ain't seen nothing yet!" Least if you were going to post that you could have given me a better body. Sheeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then again, Steve...I ought to thank you for the plug for my blog. And in case anyone needs to know it: http:///www.billgrandi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you are mad, but you still use the opportunity to shamelessly plug your site...as if my two links to your site wasn't enough. Can't please some people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOY! Am I glad I didn't watch THAT video before now. Must agree with you, Karma.

    Steve? I thought most "Odes" were given after someone has died? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karma....LOL!

    Camey...you mean he isn't dead? Oh, so sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not yet. The words of my death are greatly exaggerated. But I may be after tomorrow. The tech geek is trying to get that to a Cd for viewing tomorrow. I am preaching on purity tomorrow so have to start out light before the sledge hammer. Ok...ball peen. How about a Nurf hammer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW Steve: i seem to remember someone who shamelessly plugged his site twice in one response to my blog. But who am I to tell that it was you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve,

    You b baaaaaad. Bad bad bad... Oh, that must be you sending his daughter money then for her birthday! How very generous of you Steve...

    Bill,

    THAT video and purity? I was once told (another place.. another time) I couldn't mention "toilet paper" because of where it would take people's minds. Hence when part of my rebellion began... ;)

    A better body? Who are you preaching to again?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toilet paper? Seriously.

    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

    But, Bill, you have just given me a most excellent idea. Bernard is the one who does the video stuff at our church. Wonder how our preacher would like one of those just before announcements start? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karma...I don't know how much your preacher would appreciate having a video of Bill playing just before the announcements!

    I'd save Bill's video until just before the sermon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karma: Yep.. Seriously. Wanted me to say "tissue paper" instead. Stood my ground and won on principal. Thought of Kleenex or gift wrap with tissue paper. We had been given enough toilet paper to last the five of us a year. We were thankful and humbled.. not embarrassed. I was thanking people on behalf of our family after being healed for all the acts of kindness they had done- showing God's love in tangible ways. The little kids who brought toilet paper to help "a family in need" wouldn't have known I was thanking them.

    After all.. everybody pottys. It's not a secret. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.