Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More Questions I Can't Answer!


After the post this morning, a couple of commenters added their questions to the list (thanks Heidi, Michael, and Kevin):

Why do we call them a pair of pants when there is only one pant?

Why does Hawaii have an interstate?

Why does the drive up ATM machine have Braille on the keypad?

What are waiters or waitresses names if we don't need anything?

Those are good questions. Really, they are. I’m sure you have others you could add to the list. Feel free to join in the discussion at any point. I’d love to know what keeps you awake at night (other than the pizza you ate too late or the caffeinated drink you had with dinner).

After creating my first list and then hearing your comments, I thought I’d pass along a few more of the questions I have been pondering lately. Ready?

Why doesn’t glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Can fat people go skinny dipping?

Can you be a closet claustrophobic?

Why is the word “abbreviation” so long? And might I add, so difficult to spell!

When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in?

When you open a bag of cotton balls, is the top one meant to be thrown away?

Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?

If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know? Might I also add at this point, when your teacher told you to go look up a word in the dictionary that you didn’t know how to spell, how did she really expect you to find it—if you couldn’t spell it in the first place!

Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

6 comments:

  1. Why are all TV weather personalities Native Americans?

    They are all "CHIEF" meteorologists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you call it bacon, when we we actually fry it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Christmas count down thingy. I was wondering today how many shopping days were left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...Karma...you too can add a widget that counts down to Christmas...or maybe in your case, until Christmas Eve as you shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diareah (yes I spelled that wrong and no I'm not going to look it up) does that mean 1 person ENJOYS it?

    Isn't a smoking section in a restaurant kind of like a peeing section in a swimming pool?

    Why do we tell our children to put on their shoes and socks but expect them to put them on the in the reverse order?

    Is Metropolis inhabited by the stupidest people on the planet? I mean, Superman's disguise is a pair of horn-rimmed glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.