Sunday, November 30, 2008

To My Best Friend



If history holds true, today will be a low "hit" day on my blog. That's okay. People are going to church, many of my regular readers will be leading in worship. Bill will be preaching, while his grandson sits and listens (hopefully, he'll be listening). Rick will be sharing from his missionary heart about the love of Jesus for all people. Camey will be hearing her hubby share the Word in a different place, and she will be listening to God's voice and understanding dreams. Heidi will be praising God and celebrating the forgiveness of sins past. Will, Michael, Karma, Bernard, Kath, Haf Dozen, and many others will be sharing Christ in their own gifted ways. Please know that I'll be praying for you as you worship and lead out in worship.

And, if you take the time to stop by to read my blog, I am most thankful. For you to pause long enough to read this, you really touch my heart in a special way.

Today as you read, you'll read about my best friend in the entire world--my wife, Tonya.

It's a special day for us. Today, November 30, we celebrate our anniversary. While the years we've been together are short, they have been wonderful and cherished. They have been enjoyed. They have been memory-makers every day. They have been the best of days. They've been the best of times. They have been days filled with love.

Every year since we married, Tonya and I have traveled somewhere special for our anniversary. Well, that's not quite true. The places haven't always been special, our time together has been what made the trip special. It was always just the two of us. And, that was all we thought we needed.

This year, things are a little different. This year, we have a little one climbing and crawling and exploring and touching and laughing and smiling and loving. So, this year, we'll stay home. We'll just spend time together as a family.

And, I'm thinking, this may just be the most special anniversary that we have had. The focus will be on each other--and the life God brought together. And, in truth, that's all that we should focus on anyway.

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart--I love you more than words can say.

Thanks for the joy you brought into my heart. Thanks for the happiness. Thanks for patience. Understanding. Loving. Forgiving.

Thank you for being you.

That's exactly what God knew I needed.

12 comments:

  1. Good post Steve. And congrats to you and Tonya on your anniversary. And what an awesome blessing you have been given in Evan. My prayer is that you will have many more years together and days of pure joy in each others' presence and watching that son of yours grow into a young man who loves Jesus and his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Steve and Tonya! It is a pleasure to pray for you each, your marriage, your family and little Evan every single day! May God richly bless your special day! And may you continue to seek Him in all of life's moments. May you point little Evan to Jesus each step of the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! God bless you both for many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and happy anniversary! Hope y'all have a great day together (and that you bought a nice present)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! Happy A-Day!!! Happy A-Day blessed with E-boy!!! The best times are family times. You'll never regret spending your anniversary with your son. Ever! I'm sure you already knew that though. Happy, Happy Day!!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude

    We have the same anniversary? Wow, that is just too wild. We're both bald Christian writers? If you tell me your wife's name is Patricia I'm going to freak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone...thank you for your kind wishes!

    Yesterday was a great day of worship (Tonya sang on our praise team), spending time as family, and then putting up Christmas decorations! Yeah, what a day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I am just now reading this. I wish I was as eloquent with my words as you are. All I know to say is that I love you with all my heart. You are such an amazing blessing from God. I couldn't have asked for a more loving, considerate, handsome husband. You are the love I prayed about for many many years. I am truly blessed. I love you sweetheart. YSP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.