Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lord, May It Be So



On October 28, 2004, as America approached its last presidential election, Monica N. Rutt, from San Francisco, California, wrote a letter to the editor of the New York Times. Ms. Rutt wrote:

“I find it disturbing that President Bush’s decisions and principles seem to be guided more strongly by his faith than by presidential pragmatism.

“I honor and appreciate people of all faiths, whether they are devout or not. But it troubles me that Mr. Bush stated in the third debate that he receives ‘'calmness in the storms of the presidency’' from his religion. Given the state of affairs in our country and beyond, I only wish I could say the same.”

While Ms. Rutt is disturbed by President Bush’s faith and guidance by his faith, I can only hope the next President will be such a man. Oh Lord, may it be so!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to another 4 years of Republican leadership in the White House. I did my part. Everyone go vote!

    heidi reed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.