Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bald, Beautiful, and Hired!


[Note, not my actual bald head!]

Well, I’ve finally found a second job that won’t cut into my primary job!

I’ve decided to fly to New Zealand and take them up on their job opening.

It seems that New Zealand needs bald men!

Air New Zealand is offering to pay bald travelers to stand in lines in three airports—while wearing temporary tattoos on the back of their heads so the displays can be seen by people lining up behind them.

The airline will pay $660 for each walking billboard, a company official said.

The tattoos will promote a new system that is meant to reduce check-in waiting times.

Air New Zealand marketing manager Steve Bayliss described the campaign as “a bit of fun.”

“It’s a tattoo on the back of someone’s head, so they have to have their head shaved or be bald already,” he told National Radio on Wednesday. “It will be an advantage for them to be bald already.”

The tattoos would fade or wash off after about two weeks, he said.

So, if you don’t hear much from me over the next couple of weeks, you’ll understand. I’ll be in New Zealand, walking around the airport, showing off my bald head!

Any one want to go with me?

12 comments:

  1. Well in order to pay your airfare off you'll have to do it 3 or 4 times. But go for it!

    Bald is the new beautiful!

    Ha!

    Heidi R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil...why don't we meet in NYC...and go from there...

    By the time you guys get to winter, you'll want to go anywhere south!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi...how unlike you to be so practical...don't I remember some recent posts from you about a personal trainer...and some elective surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well. Posts are for entertainment purposes sometimes, aren't they? To get people talkin'. To get someone's blood pumpin'. Anyway, I am going to go browse the Dooney & Bourke website now. You made me remember I want a $400 giraffe print purse. Thanks for the reminder.

    Heidi of the Reed variety

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...Miss Heidi...I must have pushed a button or hit a nerve...

    Smile my blogger friend...smile...no insult intended...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black and white words on a screen convey the wrong message sometimes. I was trying to be funny. BUT - you didn't laugh. Ugh! You didn't upset me. I laughed. Was trying to make you laugh.

    Grins & Giggles and check out my new post. The bottom pic is just for you. When I gave my dear sweet hubby my list for Christmas he rolled his eyes at me. I was like "what?". He thinks I need another purse like I need another hole in my head. Oh well.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will send my hubs with ya. If he can make money by shaving his too thick head of hair off then I will give my blessing!!!

    After the month he has had he is ready to fly off somewhere anyway. He needs a change of pace for a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heidi...maybe Rich needs to go with me to New Zealand...to make some extra cash...to satisfy your Christmas list fix...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Kath...sorry he's had one of those months...I hate those kinds of months...

    He's in my prayers...as are you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - he's not bald. I guess he'd have to shave it off. But for the price of plane tickets he COULD buy me that purse plus those earrings. Ha!!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I know what the tattoo will say..

    Daily
    On-head
    Roaming
    Kiosk

    for short... DORK.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.