Thursday, September 4, 2008

And the Winner Is...


Well, the presidential election is officially over (oh, if that could only be true—I’m so very tired of this three-year election process we’ve had this time around! And, I can only imagine that the next election cycle will start up sometime after November 4, 2008).

But, the good news is that both candidates can and should just call it a day and go on home. The race is over!

This news was verified this past end in New Brunswick, New Jersey. It seems that John McCain sped to the finish while Barack Obama was reluctant to leave the starting point.

The contest? Another primary? A general election? No. Nothing of the sort. This time, it was a race between two giant Madagascar hissing cockroaches! One named John McCain, the other name Barack Obama.

The roach race was part of the New Jersey Pest Management Association’s annual clinic and trade show. Organizers likened the race’s prediction success to that of Punxsutawney Phil on Groundhog Day.

Seems to me, if I were a giant hissing Madagascar cockroach, that I’d have a lot less interest in racing another cockroach in a mock presidential election and be more concerned about the pest management companies present at the meeting!

Maybe the winning cockroach was promised not to be terminated! Or is that exterminated?

I’ll stop there and not make any political commentary on how the same kind of incentives might help in the real presidential contest.

14 comments:

  1. Also...no comment on the insect used as it refers to politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one disgusting looking insect. Thank God for pest control!!

    Heidi Reed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Bill...comment away...get the comments rolling this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Heidi...just think...on Survivor, they eat them! RAW...Bug guts and all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No political comments from me on politicians being cockroaches before they get in or after they get in. None. Nothing about how those insects crawl all over your stuff and leave "traces" of themselves behind. No comment about how they hide in the light but come out in the dark. None whatsoever. No comment on how just when you think you have caught or squished the last one another one comes crawling out of its den. None whatsoever. So...how did I do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you say anything?

    I especially liked the comment you didn't make about "squishing the last one another one comes crawling out..."

    I'm really glad you didn't make that comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many jokes and I can't think of any.

    Oh well. Now that they have races, I don't have to go vote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I live in Lubbock, TX (and our media bleed over into NM) I am going to get a ton of political ads. How am I ever going to survive the next 2 months without going insane?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am already tired of the 'new' commercials. I can't believe some of the rhetoric that they are allowed to get away with.

    The last commercial I heard was that John McCain was single-handedly going to reverse Rowe v. Wade. Oh that that were possible. The same commercial went on to bewail how this would put women at high health risks... never mind that currently a baby is being killed.

    Yes, I am passionate on that point. I love the women that have to go through the ordeal of making such a tough decision but I am all for removing the veil that makes it seem like its not a weighty one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The good news is that they really don't care about Alabama and the small number of electoral votes that we have...so, I probably won't be seeing many of their ads...

    However, those running for the state supreme court have already starting running their ads! For the November election! If you ask me...total waste of their money and my time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my official political comment.. Not voting this year as of this moment.

    There! Maybe that will help getting the comments going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Steve: I just vomited in my mouth. Thanks for that!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.