Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Who Needs Fiction When Life is Like This!



This story is just in from Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin. A 54-year-old man says his obsessive-compulsive disorder drove him to eat 23,000 Big Macs in 36 years.

Fifty-four-year-old Don Gorske says he hit the milestone last month, continuing a pleasurable obsession that began May 17, 1972 when he got his first car.

Gorske has kept every burger receipt in a box. He says he was always fascinated with numbers, and watching McDonald’s track its number of customers motivated him to track his own consumption.

The only day he skipped a Big Mac was the day his mother died, to respect her request.

The correctional-institution employee says he doesn’t care when people call his Big Mac obsession crazy. He says he’s in love with the burgers, which are the highlights of his days.

Folks, I have nothing to add to this. Sometimes, the story just says it all!

7 comments:

  1. doing some quick math -- that is on average -- 1.75 Big Macs a day.

    Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dude needs his head examined. Talk about clogged arteries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karma...I had not done the math...but, WOW!

    Bill...do you think?

    Dog Snob...yes it is...I am always amazed at what people do! Sure makes me look more normal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not understand his obcession with Big Macs as I have never eaten one. Nor do I ever plan to.

    But I love Fond du Lac, WI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment Aaron...

    Kath...what's so special about Fond du Lac?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.