Thursday, July 10, 2008

Show Me the Money!



Why doesn’t anything like this happen to me?

Last week, a jailer in the St. Louis County (Missouri) jail made a surprise find in the bathroom of the St. Louis County facility’s intake center. The correctional officer found $55,000 stuffed behind a toilet paper dispenser!

Police Chief Thomas Byrne says the bundle of money was in $100 and $50 bills.

And, for the surprise of the day, none of the inmates who were interviewed knew anything about it. Can’t you hear the replies now:

Question: “Sir, is that your money?” Answer: “What money?”
Question: “Sir, is that your money?” Answer: “I don’t know nothing about no money.”
Question: “Sir, is that your money?” Answer: “I’m innocent!”
Question: “Sir, is that your money?” Answer: I didn’t steal no $100 or $50 bills!”

The police chief has indicated that the money has been placed in a special bank account until the rightful owner is determined.

Does anyone know the phone number to the St. Louis County Jail? I think I left a package there as I visited last week!


So, here' s the question for you, how will you answer it: "Sir/Ma'am, is that your money?"

2 comments:

  1. You were just visiting you say? Now...was that overnight or was that visiting someone who was a lodger in the "Hotel"?

    My answer: "I wish! I wondered where I left it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. As old as we are getting Bill, the jailer might believe that we forgot the money where we did...since we spend so much time in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.