Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just Like Carol and Ed



It seems that the American public is about to be subjected to another dose of Rosie O’Donnell. Apparently, Rosie’s previous show and time on The View wasn’t enough. Now, Ms. O’Donnell is talking about creating a new show for NBC, to begin in 2009. Network executives are saying that Rosie’s show will be the 2009 version of “The Carol Burnett Show” or the 2009 version of “The Ed Sullivan Show.”

Are you kidding me?

Carol Burnett show? Ed Sullivan?

Can you imagine Ed Sullivan approving of Rosie O’Donnell and her vulgar language and lifestyle? Wasn’t it Ed Sullivan who ordered that Elvis Presley be shown only from waist up because of his “obscene” movements from waist down? What would Ed say about Rosie?

It seems that Rosie would like to do her show live, as in not on tape, from a Broadway theater, possibly on Sunday night.

Of course, let’s put her show and all of its media hype on Sunday night, the most important day in the week for believers. That’s right, let’s bring out the Hollywood freaks, the variant lifestyles, and no-morality actors and actresses and parade them in front of the American public on this special night.

At least she hasn’t (yet) claimed that her show will be like the Wonderful World of Disney or even the Sunday Night at the Movies that ran for so many years!

I won’t be boycotting the sponsors of her show. I won’t even be calling them or writing to them. I’ve got the best method to express my displeasure—I’ll just not be watching it, no matter how much press it receives—and oh, while it is showing, I’ll be spending time with God and my family.

Hopefully, many others will ignore Ms. Rosie O’Donnell’s latest outing…

I know I will!

12 comments:

  1. Count me in Steve as a non-watcher. My comments on Miss O are not worth mentioning here. I can see its rating now..."H" for "Horrible." I don't understand America's fascination with her. Maybe it will end up with her like it is with her buddy, Tom Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how Ms. O "drooled" over Mr. C, all in the name of ratings...

    Yet, poor Mr. C may have suffered because of that "drool." He can't even buy a ticket to a good movie these days! I wonder if he can handle that truth any better yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be wtaching either, but then again, I don't even have a TV, so it is kinda a non-issue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't watch either. But I will give Ellen D. credit for a least being likable. Rosie is just bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is in her own dream world if she even thinks that she will be as classy as Ed or Carol. I like Karma's answer. Issue solved for her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karma...I'm impressed, no TV. May I ask, what caused this to come about? Personal convictions?

    I'm not as strong as you, unfortunately. I still like TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bernard was raised in a family that had/has very strong objections/convictions about TV. When we got married, we decided we didn't want one, for different reasons. Now, with two kids, we figure it is just better that way. Though, to be completely honest, there are days when I would love to just sit down with a bag of chips, a soda, a remote and veg. :)

    It's not something we will try to convince others of (doing it our way), but it works for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a Sunday night television watcher anymore/anyway. And even if I were, it wouldn't be NBC...

    Sorry about that gang.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phil...no need to apologize...

    Karma, I really do admire the stance you guys have, no matter the reason. I think you've made a good choice for you and Bernard, but even more so for your children.

    I know it can't be easy on any of you, but few things worth having are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire your stand karma. I watch very little TV. I would prefer reading or working a jigsaw puzzle. But there is the occasional baseball game I like to watch or mystery. My TV in my mancave sees more action from me watching DVDs than TV shows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steve, I was feeling kinda puny when I logged on to your site. I almost didn't read this simply because it had a picture of Rosie. Nevertheless, knowing you, I decided to give your post the benefit of the doubt. Suffice it to say I will not watch Rosie in any way. I won't read a magazine with her on it, I won't watch a TV show with her in it, I won't go to a movie with her in it, nor will I ever read a post with her picture on it again. :) love you, brother. However, should I catch a glimpse of her, I will remember to pray for her soul. selahV

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well...I hope you are feeling better and not so puny...and I hope the article didn't put you over the edge!

    So far, I haven't heard from anyone who will be watching...and who knows, if the earthquakes continue on the West Coast, may not be anyone left out there to watch her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.