Monday, July 28, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now?

Police in Minnesota are on the hunt for a suspect in a first-degree armed burglary case after losing the man in a multi-state chase—despite reaching him by cell phone.

Burnsville, Minnesota, detectives went to arrest Grayson Clevenger on a burglary charge, only to see someone matching his description drive away in a stolen Dodge Durango.

The detectives tried calling Clevenger (not sure how they got his cell phone number). He answered his phone by saying: “Dude, I can’t talk, I’m being chased by the police” He then hung up!

The suspect then drove briefly into Wisconsin and back to Minnesota, where he eventually abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot. As of last report, he was still at large.

So many questions come to mind!

How did the police get the cell phone number for the man?

If you are being chased by the police, would you answer your phone?

And, if you did answer your phone, would you admit to the caller that you were being chased by the police?

If you were being chased by the police and fled from the state where they were chasing you, would you go back to the same state?

No one said thieves were smart! I think this is just another example of how true that is!

3 comments:

  1. You took the words right out of my mouth Steve. since when can we call a criminal rational?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rational...never...

    Ignorant...always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think I would check the caller ID before I picked up. If it was a friend of mine, I might admit to being chased by the cops. Maybe he'd be at a truck stop and they could do a "Big red 22" like on Smokey and the Bandit where they road blocked Sherrif Justice. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.