Monday, July 14, 2008

No Fishing Allowed

I was recently looking online at the Georgia Aquarium, one of the premier aquariums in America. As I was reading their FAQs, I came across one interesting tip for people visiting their place. The tip, and I kid you not was, “All guests must go through security checkpoints before entering the Aquarium. No guns, knives, lighters, matches, chewing gum, or fishing poles are permitted inside.”

Okay, I understand the guns and knives point. I can see why lighters and matches would be a problem. Not too sure about the chewing gum—unless some kids have been feeding it to the fish. But, that last part, the not bringing fishing poles in, that part concerns me.

That’s where the questions started in my mind:

1) Have they had a problem with fishing poles?
2) Did someone try to buy a fishing license at their front desk and they realized they had a problem?
3) Have they had fish missing and found on video that people were fishing?
4) Have people been setting off the medal detectors with their fishing poles?
5) Do you think they now need to add another line about "jugging"? If you aren't from the South, that reference may mean nothing to you!

When I read this, I literally had to stop what I was doing and laugh!

The Georgia Aquarium—no fishing allowed! Who would have ever thunk it!

13 comments:

  1. So, if you can't fish, what is the point?

    (just kidding. everyone knows aquariums are made to give photographers somewhere to go when it is raining)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aquariums also help me to know better what I am going to order the next time I go to Red Lobster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never fished in my life so what is the point? They need to worry more about the Golems in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill...you don't fish...you don't eat red meat...the next thing you will tell me is that you don't watch NASCAR or football...

    Yankee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correct on both accounts Steve. Sorry to dash your opinion of me. I can enjoy my own bike ride or reading rather than watch cars go in a circle or watch men beat the snot out of someone to see how quickly they can maim them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of reminds me of the "instructions" on hair dryers: Do not use while bathing. And shampoo: Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought a new hairdryer -- On the instructions, it told me not to use it while sleeping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe that explains why I went bald (other than the fact that I was in ministry for 20 years), I kept using my hair dryer while I was sleeping...wonder if there is a lawsuit in there somewhere for me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait--bald--pony tail--I'm missing something, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you can see in my picture, I think, I am bald, that's reality. The pony tell thing? Well, that's always been a desire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. With God all things are possible! Luke 1:37

    Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart! Psalm 37:4

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. At this point in life, I'd sprinkle Sunny Delight on my head if I thought it would grow hair!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.