Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Boring Worship--100 Words--Part 3



[Today, I continue a mini-series on worship. Truthfully, I don't know how many blogs I will write about this subject. Maybe three, maybe more. I'll just let my heart and mind be my guide. As always, your comments are welcome.]

Boring worship.

Boring worship can be found in Baptist churches. Methodist churches. Non-denominational churches.

Boring worship can be found in new churches. Centuries old churches.

Boring worship can happen in churches where a lot of screaming and yelling takes place.

It can happen in churches where the liturgy wouldn’t allow screaming to take place.

Boring worship happens.

When you put lipstick on a pig, you have decorated pork chops and bacon. Nothing more.

I don’t care what clerical lipstick you put on worship, if it’s not about worshipping Jesus Christ as Savior, you have nothing more than a cheap show.

1 comment:

  1. I found my word for that - an empty worship.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.