Thursday, February 25, 2010

Boring Worship--100 Words--Part 4



[Today, I continue a mini-series on worship. Truthfully, I don't know how many blogs I will write about this subject. Maybe four, maybe more. I'll just let my heart and mind be my guide. As always, your comments are welcome.]

Boring worship.

Why am I struggling so much with this?

I’m not sure.

Maybe it’s age. Or, I want something better for my son than I’ve known.

But, it’s more than that. It’s about the audacity that believers have to limit the praise due God.

Lead worship in almost any church and go five minutes over the normal quitting time. See what happens. Watches beep. People close their Bible. A murmur begins. There’s an uncomfortable shuffling of feet and chairs.

Five minutes! We can’t worship for five more minutes? We can’t await the moving of the Spirit?

How dare us!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot "glazed over eyes" and "ants in the pants" or just walking out. Now while I preach you understand but...LOL Have enjoyed this series of posts Steve. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill...you forget...I've limited myself to 100 words! To mention everything you see every Sunday morning, I've need about 2,000 words per post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.