Friday, February 26, 2010

Boring Worship--100 Words--Part 5



[Today, I conclude a mini-series on boring worship. When I began this series, I didn’t know how many blogs I would write on this subject. I think, for now, five is enough—oh no, don’t think that I believe I’ve covered it all. At this point, I’ll just put a semi-colon down and will come back to it again another day. Thanks for reading! As always, your comments are welcome.]

Boring worship.

Today’s Friday. But, Sunday’s coming.

Is that a good thing? Or something to dread?

With every fiber of my being I want to say that approaching Sunday with a good attitude is a great thing.

But, how often do we approach Sunday with dread? Be honest. Not excited about worship service? Afraid that this Sunday will be no different from last Sunday or the Sunday before that.

Oh God! I cry out to You.

May none of us approach Sunday with dread or despair!

May worship break out before Sunday begin.

May worship break out now. In me.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you posting again! :)

    The praise and worship is one thing that I miss from my Mom's church (Assembly of God). I suppose it won't happen in the sanctuary anytime in the near future, but Youth Guy and I plan to introduce awesome praise and worship to our group. We have several kiddos that play instruments...maybe a youth worship band in the works at ISBC?

    Have a great weekend, Steve!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.