Monday, February 8, 2010

Aging--100 Words



Aging.

Somewhere from the time we are two to when we are grown, we lose the excitement of growing up. As adults, we especially lose the joy of birthdays.

What 10 year old doesn’t want to be 20? But, what 40 year old can’t wait to be 50?

None that I know.

Who wants to get the “Official Welcome” to AARP?

Who is excited about the aging process?

Even Christians, who say that know they’ll head to heaven after death, seem to be in no hurry to get there.

What about you? Aging is good? Or, aging can wait? Why?

1 comment:

  1. I have difficulty sometimes not looking back and longing to know what I know now and be younger. At 57 I sometimes feel (especially in ministry)that I wasted a lot of years with nonsensical stuff. But even though I am getting close to that 60 mark I want to go out in a blaze of glory. (Kudos to Bon Jovi for that phrase). Okay...at least with my feet still kicking. I can honestly say though that I don't like aging.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.