Thursday, May 27, 2010

Words--100 Words



Words.

Words are just words. Letters of the alphabet thrown together. Thoughts put into something more tangible.

Words will never hurt us. Or so the old rhyme goes.

I never believed that rhyme to be true.

Especially, when you are ambushed by someone’s words.

Those spoken in anger.

Hate.

Racially motivated.

You know the kind I mean. Those that jump out of nowhere to attack, accuse.

“I hate you.”

“You are stupid.”

“No one likes you.”

“You aren’t like us.”

Don’t tell me words don’t hurt.

Words can be vile.

Words always represent what’s in our heart.

Words often hurt.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, words can make or mar a person's life. Words are truely powerful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.