Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Unknown--100 Words



Unknown.

Henry Louis Mencken once said: “The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear—fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety.”

What do you think about that quote?

I want, from the depths of my being, to disagree with Mencken!

I want to say IT ISN’T TRUE!

But, is it?

Too often, I’m guilty of seeking the easy way and not the unknown.

Too often, I seek safety not uncertainty.

Am I a coward?

Or, is the course of least resistance sometimes good?

Is fear and safety always opposites?

1 comment:

  1. Fear tends to control our lives more than we care to admit. As Christians, we should continuously work to replace our Fear with Trust in God's promises. If we can grow our Trust in God we can replace fear of the unknown with the safety of God's protection as we stretch ourselves out of our comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.