Thursday, March 11, 2010

Correction--100 Words



Correction.

I don’t heart that word. How about you?

I don’t like it. I don’t want it. I rarely think I need it.

From my employer, friends, from my spouse.

Even from God.

But, I need it more than I care to admit.

My two-year-old son has been struggling with a few issues this week. It’s not been a good week for him.

He needs and has received correction.

He doesn’t like it. Want it. Or, thinks he needs it.

But, for his good, he is corrected by his loving parents.

Could it be that’s what God does with me?

1 comment:

  1. I think anyone who says he likes correction is lying. No one likes to be corrected, not even (I think) on a written test. That means we are wrong in some way. If I understand correction/discipline from God it is because He loves us...same reason you correct Evan. I don't like it but it is essential. Least I know He loves me...as does/will Evan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.