Thursday, March 18, 2010

The End--100 Words



The end.

As a small child, I dreaded reading those words at the end of an exciting biography borrowed from the school library.

As a teenager, those words were not my friend as they scrolled across the drive-in movie screen.

In college, those words never came soon enough as I came to the end of a British Lit assignment.

The end of the work day often seems a week away.

Yet, today, I find myself once again dreading the words. Today marks the end of a much needed vacation with my family.

These days passed too quickly.

Goodbye old friend.

1 comment:

  1. You have stated the bummer of all bummers Steve. The end of a vacation. The end of getting up and doing whenever and whatever we wanted to. Hope it was restful for you. So now it is "16 tons what do you get" or "I owe, I owe, its off to work I go." Oops sorry for rushing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.