Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Welcome Mr. President!
Yesterday, Barack Hussein Obama became the 44th President of the United States of America.
I did not vote for President Obama. My reasons are my reasons. Chief among those reasons was his lack of experience in political life. Running for political office doesn't quality a person for the job.
While I didn't vote for Mr. Obama, he can know that he has my constant prayers during his term in office over the next four years. Over these next four years, I will pray:
1) For his safety.
2) For his sanity.
3) For support of the American people as he leads to the best of his ability.
4) For wisdom to lead our country in the right direction.
5) For his cabinet and those who surround him daily, that they will not be just "yes men" and "yes women" but will have the backbone to stand up for what is right and just.
6) For a peace of mind and heart that surpasses all understanding.
7) For his family and his balance of their needs to the country's needs.
8) For his walk with the Lord God and his personal knowledge of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
9) For the ability to know right from wrong and the way that is broad between the two.
Mr. Obama, if the national media is correct, the world is watching. I hope and pray that the promises you made genuinely reflect the desires of your heart for a better country and one that retains our freedoms. You have the eyes and ears of the world watching every step you take and listening to every word you utter. I doubt you will find the job as easy as you thought it to be and you'll probably come away with a greater respect for the man who preceded you in office.
You have my prayers Mr. President.