Thursday, June 19, 2008

Foot Update

Yesterday, I ran a post about "mysterious" feet washing up on the beaches of Vancouver, British Columbia. (For more information about that, please see the post below.)

Then, last night, police in Vancouver said another foot, a sixth foot had washed up. I came "this close" to writing a blog about it last night, but decided to watch and see what the new day brought.

Well, there's an update to the update. The British Columbia's coroner's office is saying that the discovery of a sixth floating human foot is a hoax. They are now saying what they found is really an animal paw stuffed inside a running shoe.

Okay, I feel better that a sixth foot wasn't found, well, somewhat better. You see, if they have found five feet, then another foot is still missing, right? And, how long does it take to realize that what you have isn't a human foot, but an animal foot? I know the authorities said they were not like CSI agents on TV, but don't you think the differences in a human foot and animal foot would be obvious ?

Also, another troubling idea comes to my mind--not only are there feet washing up, now someone is cutting off animal feet and stuffing them inside running shoes. Is someone going to come forward and claim that was an accident? Hey, that's what they said the cause of the human feet washing up is.

So, how did the animal foot get inside a running shoe? Did someone take their dog for a run and something went terribly wrong?

Or, was it an oversized rabbit's foot that someone had for good luck?

Is this a publicity stunt by PETA to draw attention to some problem in Vancouver?

Is it too early for a college frat party gone wrong?

You know, I don't know that I feel better about this latest update or not! I think I now have more questions than before, and certainly more questions than answers!

Check back again. I'll do my best to keep you informed about the mystery of the appearing feet--almost sounds like a Columbo made-for-TV-movie!

Sadly, if it were, I'd watch it. I love Columbo movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.