Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Struggling--100 Words



Struggling.

I wonder, as I come to work each morning, if the person in the car beside me is struggling. Better yet, not if, but with what.

I wonder if the person sitting in the cubicle next to me has a medical issue, family crisis, spiritual question, or just is uncertain about the direction their life is going.

Then, there’s the person at the grocery store or the gas station.

Secret struggles. Secret hurts. Secret questions.

Embarrassed to express them.

Uncertain of what to do next.

As you look my way, know I am struggling too.

Should I admit that?

4 comments:

  1. Age helps here. As one gets old and begins to lose some of their abilities, it becomes easier and easier to be open and transparent about the processes you mention. And there's a great freedom in never having to express an "unspoken prayer request", which I always did think was silly anyway.

    Speaking of silliness, I keep getting this picture of someone asking me to pray for two "unspoken requests", and my having to say "I'm a little short on time .. which one do you want me to pray for?"

    Such is life. And it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, I think this is a great example of how to be faithful in the hidden moments. Funny, since I read that quote today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steve! Didn't know you were back blogging. Good to hear from you. Saw you in my Dashboard as having come here. Gotta get you back in my Google Reader. Great hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. share one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ... good post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.