Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Decision-Making--100 Words



Decisions.

“Go ahead and make up your mind!”

Anyone ever tell you that?

Sometimes, decision-making is easy. Sometimes, well, it ain’t. Pardon the grammar, but it ain’t always easy.

Often, when faced with a decision, you just have to ruminate on it. Understand? As my dad would say, “chew on it for a while” or “mull it over.”

That’s probably wise—to chew on it a while. That might actually cause us less grief down the road as we live with the consequences of making too many quick decisions.

As Winnie the Pooh says, “Think, Think. Think.”

Smart thinking Pooh!

2 comments:

  1. On those tough one Steve I sometimes wish God would have this sign that says, "Choose this one and you cane expect this to happen but if you choose this one then..." 'Course He doesn't operate that way except to tell us there are consequences to sin. The opposite to think, think, think are those who say, "Make up your mind already and make it quick!" Which way to choose? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Bill...God could sure help me out by just telling me...or giving me a burning bush at times...but then, knowing me, I'd not understand it any better than Moses...I tend to be a little stubborn as well...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.