Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Incompetent--100 Words



Incompetent.

What makes a person incompetent?

Is it that they do things differently from me?

Am I right and they are wrong?

Does age have anything to do with it?

Education?

No. No. No. No.

Billy Joel said, “I am, as I’ve said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”

I understand that. The last four months have taught me that truth even more! As I’ve watched my wife seek employment, endured lies from “professionals”, and even in my own life watched people not follow through with on their word.

I’ve grown tired and frustrated.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there is anything more frustrating and more demoralizing than being lied to. And when it is a fellow Christ-follower that makes it even more devastating. Too bad so many people have forgotten a simple word called integrity. I pray for you and Tonya every day Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the furnace is harder on us older types. Cause were all crusted over with rust and such. IMHO. (grin)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.