Saturday, October 3, 2009

100 Words--The Olympics



The Olympics.

A great event every four years. Winter. Summer games.

I’ve watched the Olympics over the years. Being a southern boy, I understood the summer games far better than the winter games. After all, what did I know about hockey or bobsledding?

But, was 2009 the year for our President to be salesperson-in-chief for the city of Chicago? Isn’t the President the Commander-in-Chief and not a community organizer in Chicago?

I thought so.

With unemployment still rising, the economy still sucking wind, earthquakes and tsunamis in American Somoa, seems to me those are far bigger items to focus on.

1 comment:

  1. Steve: I am with you on this. I don't know whether to rejoice that it didn't work out or not. He had no business being there for this. Send someone else. I think it is called political favoritism. He owed someone something. Too much happening in his own backyard to worry about 2016 (supposedly the last year of his next term) Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.