Friday, July 24, 2009

Employment--100 Words



Employment.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said: “The crowning fortune of a man is to be born to some pursuit which finds him employment and happiness, whether it be to make baskets, or broad swords, or canals, or statues, or songs.”

Not sure employment is a “crowning fortune.” I’ll let others debate that.

Employment, however, is vital. It puts food on the table. A house overhead. Gas in car.

My wife has employment concerns. That’s not strong enough. Frustration? Disdain? Getting closer. Disgust? There you go! Wish people hired on merit. Not on who you know.

We don’t know the right people!

2 comments:

  1. Steve: I can't believe you typed this "we don't know the right people!" What the? You know THE greatest RIGHT God. He will bring you through this. Man, do NOT lose hope. Do NOT think your problem is greater than your God. I should share our struggle story with you. It will give you MAJOR hope, my friend. Do NOT give up EVER on your righteousness in Christ. You are a CHILD of the living God. Act like it!

    PS: Still praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi...God is great...and good. I don't doubt that. However, it's people that's causing the frustration, not God...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.