Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Anticipation--100 Words



Anticipation.

Seneca said, “Expecting is the greatest impediment to living. In anticipation of tomorrow, it loses today.”

Countless times in life I have experienced anticipation.

The anticipation of being accepted to school.

The anticipation of entering the sanctuary to marry.

The anticipation of my child’s birth.

The anticipation of job changes. Health concerns. And yes, selling real estate.

All of those life events have caused anticipation, and to some degree, fear.

I wonder how many days I have lost living in wait or anticipation or fear.

How many days have been squandered. Needlessly.

Jesus said, “Fear not.”

I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.