Thursday, September 29, 2011

Value--100 Words



Maybe it comes with age.

Maybe it comes with experience.

Or, a combination of both.

At some point, you must stop caring as much what others think.

As a child/teenager, I struggled with self esteem. I never saw much value in myself.

If I’m going to be totally honest, I still struggle with that.

There’s a part of me that wants to please others. To put their opinion of me ahead of the opinion I have of myself.

I have to overcome that!

I must stop sacrificing the person I am only to be what others expect me to be.

2 comments:

  1. I love the words in the picture Steve. Good thoughts expressed today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. You do. I can be the same way. I can also swing to the other extreme and not give a bleep about anyone or what they have to say because I get so frustrated with myself and others. I had a friend who used to encourage me when I got all bent out of shape with myself or what others thought with what was a new saying to me at the time, "Let the pagans have their altars..."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.