Friday, January 29, 2010

Excellence--100 Words



Excellence.

I’ll admit it. My nature is to strive for excellence.

Excellence sounds better than perfection.

Excellence sounds better than saying I have a Type A personality and I have to get things right. The first time.

Excellence sounds honest.

Sounds honorable.

Almost noble.

After all, what’s wrong with excellence? What’s wrong with striving for it in everything you do?

I’ll admit I take it a little too far. However, I grow weary seeing so many who have no desire to do things right. It’s as if they don’t care.

Excellence or not caring? I know the answer for me.

1 comment:

  1. Perfectionist is such a nasty word don't you think? I like excellence because something doesn't have to be perfect to strive for excellence. Take preaching for example. I strive for excellence but am by no means perfect in it. Yeah, I like excellence.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.