Monday, June 28, 2010

Heights--100 Words



Heights.

Heights bother me.

Let me restate that. Heights terrify me.

I don’t like tall buildings. I don’t like tall rides at the amusement park. I don’t like dreaming about being high off the ground.

I especially don’t like to fly. I don’t like taking off. I don’t like landings. I especially don’t like bumps while in flight. Turbulence and crashing seem too closely related.

The only height I really tolerate well is climbing new heights for God’s kingdom.

Those challenge me. They push me to reach. They motivate me.

And, on yes, they scare the daylights out of me.

1 comment:

  1. Does that mean Steve that you hope you will already be in the ground when the rapture happens? Just asking....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.