Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Just the Facts--100 Words



The past few weeks have been difficult.

The death of a close friend.

An illness of a newborn I’ve been following.

Dealing with an 800-pound insurance company.

And then, yesterday, giving up something that I thoroughly loved.

All crushing to the spirit. I will admit.

Life reminds me of the sound an inflated balloon makes as you slowly release air from it.

That’s the sound of my spirit these days.

Oh, I’m not complaining. And, I’m not looking for sympathy.

Just stating the facts ma’am, as Sgt. Joe Friday would say.

Facts are fact. I don’t have to like them!

1 comment:

  1. Did you give up smoking or drinking yesterday?

    And that is how rumors get started folks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.