Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Patience--100 Words



Lorna, a Facebook friend, sent the following quote:

“The distance between mercy and judgment is patience.”

I’ve read that statement several times since receiving it. What do I make of it?

At times, I have tons of patience. Nothing seems to rattle me. Mercy flows in abundance.

Then, I don’t have any patience. Especially true when I am tired, patience flees. Or hides. Or is ignored.

During those times, I become judgmental. Way too often, too fast, too much.

Some say patience is a virtue. That might be another topic for another day. Obviously, I too seldom have that virtue.

2 comments:

  1. Steve: can certainly understand your struggle with patience. It is not something flowing out of my ears either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can't wait to read what you have written.